Olivarez College aims to carry out research and creative works of a consistently high international standard that contribute to the advancement of knowledge and understanding.
In consonance with the vision of the College to promote an invigorated culture of research, the Center for Research, Publication and Extension is an adjunct office of the Office of the Vice President for Academics and Services responsible for the pursuance of the school’s research objectives and academic development. The Center ensures stronger capability, enhanced productivity, broader dissemination of outputs, and pragmatic utilization of findings through researches conducted by students, faculty, and staff.
The academic programs at Olivarez College are designed to produce outstanding professionals and cutting-edge researchers who are able to to address the challenging issues of our time. Such academic programs are dedicated to social and technological innovation and combine academic excellence with an entrepreneurial spirit by enabling the transfer of knowledge into the commercial domain, thus strengthening the links between the College and its community, as well as benefiting the wider society.
Research, therefore, is a primary tool and instrument of change towards sustainable development.
CENTER FOR RESEARCH, PUBLICATION AND EXTENSION
Director: Conrado F. Vidal Jr. PhD
Second Floor, Saturnina De Leon Hall, Olivarez College
Dr. Arcadio Santos Avenue, San Dionisio, Parañaque City, Philippines
(632) 8260750 local 277
Our library system, managed by the Information Resource Center (IRC), is an integral part of the educational services of Olivarez College. IRC effectively facilitates the flow of knowledge through its academic resources and services which cover all the curricular offerings and instructional program.
IRC currently maintains four (4) libraries in three different buildings in the campus. The Grade School and High School Libraries are located at the second and third floors, respectively, of the Rosario L. De Leon Hall (IBED Building). Meanwhile, the College Library, considered as the main library, is housed at the second and third floors of the Saturnina De Leon Hall. Lastly, the Graduate School Library at the ground floor of the Pablo R. Olivarez Hall (College Building) caters to the library needs of graduate students.
Senior High School Online Resources
- Bibliomania: free online literature with more than 2000 classic texts. http://www.bibliomania.com/
- Digital Book Index: provide links to more than 139,000 full text digital books from more than 1800 commercial and non commercial publishers, universities and various private sites. http://www.digitalbookindex.org/about.htm
- E-books directory: is a daily growing list of freely downloadable ebooks, documents and lecture notes found all over the internet. You can submit and promote your own ebooks, add comments on already posted books or just browse through the directory below and download anything you need. http://www.e-booksdirectory.com/
- Filipiniana.net: is a division of Vibar Publishing house Inc. It aims to preserve the Philippines rich heritage and build a knowledge community among Filipinos by digitizing and publishing significant resources on Philippine studies. http://vibalfoundation.org/tag/filipiniananet/
- Free Engineering Science & Technology Books: this site provide collection of free download engineering & science e-books. http://www.artikel-software.com/
- Free Tech Books: free online computer science & engineering books & lecture notes, all of which are legally & freely available over the internet. https://www.freetechbooks.com/
- Internet Archive: the Internet Archive is a non-profit organization that was founded to build an Internet library. The Internet Archive is working to prevent the Internet – a new medium with major historical significance – and other “born-digital” materials from disappearing into the past. https://archive.org/details/texts
- Many Books.net: browse through the most popular titles, recommendations, or recent reviews from our visitors. Perhaps you’ll find something interesting in the special collections. There are more than 29,000 eBooks available for Kindle, Nook, iPad and most other eReaders, and they’re all free! https://manybooks.net/
- National Academies Press: read more than 3,000 books online for free. Covers subjects on Engineering & Technology, Health & Medicine, Earth Sciences, Environmental Studies, Energy conservation, Food & Nutrition etc. https://www.nap.edu/topic/?browse=1
- Planet Publish: provides 60+ free e-books in PDF format, mostly literature/classics. http://www.planetpublish.com/
- Project Gutenberg: the first and oldest producer of free electronic books. This site offers 20,000 free e-books. http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Tech Books: technology books free for download. Mostly subjects on science & technology. https://techbooksforfree.com/
- arXiv.org: open access to 1,534,743 e-prints in the fields of physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance, statistics, electrical engineering and systems science, and economics. Submissions to arXiv should conform to Cornell University academic standards. arXiv is owned and operated by Cornell University, a private not-for-profit educational institution. arXiv is funded by Cornell University, the Simons Foundation and by the member institutions. https://arxiv.org/
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ): DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals. DOAJ is independent. All funding is via donations, 22% of which comes from sponsors and 78% from members and publisher members. All DOAJ services are free of charge including being indexed in DOAJ. All data is freely available. https://doaj.org/
- Oxford University Press (OUP): is mission-driven to facilitate the widest possible dissemination of high-quality research. We embrace both green and gold open access (OA) publishing to support this mission. https://academic.oup.com/journals/pages/open_access
College Online Resources
- American Educator: One of the most extensive journals currently available to web users, American Educator’s archive contains more than 70 quarterly publications dating back to 1977. While the journal has historically covered a diverse range of topics, most articles are devoted to three central themes: technology and innovation in the classroom, evaluative methods used by educators, and student outcome trends and strategies. https://www.aft.org/ae
- Asian Development Bank’s Evaluation Reports– provides a full Catalogue of Evaluation Reports comprising of the following: Technical Assistance Performance Evaluation Reports, Project/Program Performance Evaluation Reports, Special Evaluation Studies, Assessments of Development Impact, Impact Evaluation Studies, Sector Assistance Program Evaluations, Country Assistance Program Evaluations, and Annual Evaluation Reports. https://www.adb.org/site/evaluation/main
- BioMed Central– Committed to providing access to journals covering all areas of biology and medicine. https://www.biomedcentral.com/
- BMC Psychology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers manuscripts on all aspects of psychology, human behavior and the mind, including developmental, clinical, cognitive, experimental, health and social psychology, as well as personality and individual differences. The journal welcomes quantitative and qualitative research methods, including animal studies. https://bmcpsychology.biomedcentral.com/
- CERN Document Server– CERN offers fulltext preprints, articles, books, journals, and other documents of interest to persons working in particle physics and its related areas. http://cdsweb.cern.ch/
- Chan Robles Virtual Law Library– This website is known to be the “Home of the Philippine On-line Legal Resources.” It “features on the world wide web its Comprehensive Electronic Library on Philippine Legal Resources.” https://www.chanrobles.com/virtualibrary1.htm#.XwKCKk8k7IU
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health – The journal focusses on improving the knowledge base for the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of mental health conditions in children and adolescents, and aims to integrate basic science, clinical research and the practical implementation of research findings. In addition, aspects which are still underrepresented in the traditional journals such as neurobiology and neuropsychology of psychiatric disorders in childhood and adolescence are considered. https://capmh.biomedcentral.com/
- Computer Science and Information Systems (ComSIS) – This journal (with an archive dating back to 2004) features both theoretical analyses of computational foundations and articles that explore the economic and educational aspects of the modern tech industry. http://www.comsis.org/
- Current Issues in Education (CIE) is an open access, peer-reviewed academic education journal produced by doctoral students at Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College of Arizona State University. The journal publishes articles on a broad range of education topics that are timely and have relevance in the field of education both nationally and internationally. We seek innovative scholarship that tackles challenging issues facing education. https://cie.asu.edu/ojs/index.php/cieatasu
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)– Quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals covering all subjects and languages. https://www.doaj.org/
- EUR-Lex – a service providing legal texts of the European Union on its official website europa.eu. Replacing the earlier service CELEX, EUR-Lex provides direct free access to European Union law. The system makes it possible to consult the Official Journal of the European Union and it includes inter alia the treaties, legislation, case-law and legislative proposals. It offers extensive search facilities. https://eur-lex.europa.eu/homepage.html?locale=en
- EUROPA– the official website of the European Union. The EU is one of the largest publishers of online information in the world. Access the register of documents of the EU institutions for all official EU documents. https://europa.eu/european-union/index_en
- Free Medical Journals– Promotes access to medical journals over the internet. www.freemedicaljournals.com
- Guide to Open Access Journals– looks at some of the most reputable open-access journal websites, as well as paid subscription databases that are still widely used by traditional college students. https://www.onlineschools.org/open-access-journals/
- Highwire Press– Major source of free access to high impact, peer reviewed life sciences journals on the internet sponsored by Stanford University Libraries. https://www.highwirepress.com/
- International Journal of Marketing Studies (IJMS) is an international, double-blind peer-reviewed, open-access journal for marketing academics and practitioners. Published by the Canadian Center of Science and Education, IJMS aims to provide an avenue for high-quality research in various aspects of marketing management and strategy, such as marketing research, market segmentation, positioning, pricing, relationship marketing, business marketing, social marketing, internet marketing, advertising, branding, customer service, customer behavior analysis. http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijms/about
- Journal of Alcoholism and Drug Dependence: Addiction treatment and management is one of today’s fastest growing psychology sub-fields. This journal (which debuted in January 2013) primarily explores various theories and strategies related to alcohol and drug dependence; recently covered topics include GHB addiction, ethanol consumption, and marijuana poisoning. https://www.longdom.org/alcoholism-and-drug-dependence.html
- NORMLEX (Database of International Labour Standards)– is a new information system which brings together information on International Labour Standards (such as ratification information, reporting requirements, comments of the ILO’s supervisory bodies, etc.) as well as national labour and social security laws. It has been designed to provide comprehensive and user friendly information on these topics and includes the NATLEX database as well as the information which was previously contained in the former APPLIS, ILOLEX and Libsynd databases. https://www.ilo.org/dyn/normlex/en/f?p=NORMLEXPUB:1:0::NO:::
- Johns Hopkins APL Technical Digest– Published by the Johns Hopkins University – Applied Physics Laboratory, the journal focuses on “missile, radar, sonar, sensor, chemical biological, and information technologies; space science and engineering, microelectronics; communications; navigations; modeling and simulation; advanced research and technology development.” https://www.jhuapl.edu/techdigest
- Labordoc– contains references to a wide range of print and electronic publications, including journal articles, from countries around the world, on all aspects of work and sustainable livelihoods, and the work-related aspects of economic and social development and human rights. https://labordoc.ilo.org/discovery/search?vid=41ILO_INST:41ILO_V2
- LawPhil – The legal website of Arellano Law Foundation’s digital resources of Philippine laws, statutes, jurisprudence, presidential decrees, executive orders, administrative orders, lawyers tools and other legal materials. https://lawphil.net/
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER)– a leading nonprofit economic research organization. The Bureau concentrate on four types of empirical research: developing new statistical measurements, estimating quantitative models of economic behavior, assessing the economic effects of public policies, and projecting the effects of alternative policy proposals. https://www.nber.org
- National Commission of Culture and The Arts (NCCA)– NCCA’s homepage is the country’s best site for information on Philippine culture and the arts. Search links for biography of national artists, publications about Philippine culture, art photos and contest announcements, both local and international, including employment opportunities are available. The Commission’s colorful web page is very inviting to explore about with its schedule of activities – from the most celebrated cultural, historical events to the most recently talked about performances, free or fee-based, and awarding ceremonies. The site also highlights varied online resources for the seven (7) arts leading to not only a discovery but of the enrichment of the Filipino soul. https://ncca.gov.ph/
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)– The NIST Data Gateway allows access to NIST scientific and technical data, encompassing a wide range of information pertaining to varied scientific disciplines and links to some free online NIST database and articles published in the journal of Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data (JPCRD). https://www.nist.gov/srd
- OPEN J-Gate– A “database of journal literature, Open J-Gate indexed 50, 164 academic, research, open access journals, with links to full text at Publisher sites”. https://jgateplus.com/home/
- OpenThesis– is a free repository of theses, dissertations, and other academic documents, coupled with powerful search, organization, and collaboration tools. www.openthesis.org
- Philippine Journals Online– It is a “database of journals published in Philippines, covering the full range of academic disciplines. The objective of Philippine Journals Online is to give greater visibility to the participating journals, and to the research they convey.” https://ejournals.ph/
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)– the official journal of the US National Academy of Sciences, which is an authoritative source of high-impact, original research that broadly spans the biological, physical, and social sciences. https://www.pnas.org/
- PubMed Central– Offers unrestricted access to the U.S. National Library of Medicine’s digital archive of life sciences journal literature. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/
- Scientific Journals International– SJI publishes peer-reviewed open-access journals for all disciplines. SJI has assembled the most prestigious and extensive Editorial and Advisory Board in the world, representing scholars from Princeton, Yale, Oxford, Harvard, Cambridge, MIT, Columbia and other leading universities from around the world. https://publons.com/publisher/2412/scientific-journals-international-sji
- Social Science Research Network – The SSRN e-Library contains abstracts of over 359,800 scholarly working papers and forthcoming papers and over 293,500 downloadable full text documents in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Composing of a number of specialized research networks in each of the social sciences, the e-Library also includes research papers of a number of Fee Based Partner Publications. https://www.ssrn.com/index.cfm/en/
- World dataBank: World Bank’s Open Data Initiative– Offers open and free access to over 2,000 financial, business, health, economic and human development data for more than 200 countries, with the data going back to 50 years. Access to at least 20 World Bank Group databases, including: World Development Indicators, Global Development Finance, Global Economic Monitor, Actionable Governance Indicators, Doing Business Database, Health, Nutrition and Population Statistics. https://databank.worldbank.org/home.aspx
- Bartleby.com (http://www.bartleby.com/) – Offers free full text online access to “top quality books”, “thought provoking verses”, “romantic poems”, “famous quotes” or “new words to enrich your vocabulary”.
- EU Bookshop (http://bookshop.europa.eu/en/home/) – An online bookshop and archive of publications from the European institutions. It is managed by the Publications Office of the European Union in Luxembourg.
- Free Computer Books (http://freecomputerbooks.com/) – Powered by Google, here you will find some good free full text online collection of computer, programming, mathematics, engineering, technical books, as well as lecture notes and tutorials.
- Free Tech Books (http://www.freetechbooks.com/) – Quit recently published, it lists “free online computer science, engineering and programming books, textbooks and lecture notes, all of which are legally and freely available over the Internet”.
- Library of Economics and Liberty (https://www.econlib.org/) – A website dedicated to “advancing the study of economics, markets, and liberty”. It offers a “unique combination of resources for students, teachers, researchers, and aficionados of economic thought”.
- Read Print (http://www.readprint.com/) – Here you can read online for free over 5000 classics books and 10,000 quotes written by best known authors from across the world.
- Directory of Open Access Thesis and Dissertations
INFORMATION RESOURCE CENTER
Head: Melquiades I. Alipo-on, MALS
Second Floor, Saturnina De Leon Hall, Olivarez College
Dr. Arcadio Santos Avenue, San Dionisio, Parañaque City, Philippines
(632) 8260750 local 105 (Grade School Library), 115 (College Library), 128 (High School Library), 156 (College Library-Internet Section), and 274 (Graduate School Library)