|In order to promote academic excellence and assist financially deserving students, Olivarez College awards full or partial scholarship grants in accordance with specific guidelines of the school.
Applications for scholarships are filed at the College Dean’s Office and are evaluate by the Scholarship Committee. The Vice President for Academics and Services shall approve all favorable applications classified and endorsed by the Scholarship Committee.
An applicant may avail of only one (1) type of scholarship at a time. A scholar who initially availed of a self-terminating or a limited grant may apply for another type of scholarship only after the lapse of the first grant.
Classification of Scholarships
- Entrance Scholarship
All incoming regular college students who meet the following criteria are eligible for one (1) semester scholarship:
- Full Scholarship
100% free tuition for students who graduate valedictorian from a duly recognized school with a graduating class at least fifty (50) students;
- Half Scholarship
50% free tuition for student who graduated salutatorian from a duly recognized school with a graduating class of at least fifty (50) students.
To maintain the scholarship privilege for the second semester, the grantee must meet the required General Point Average (GPA), with no grade lower than 2.00 in all academic subjects and must demonstrate exemplary behavior. The required GPA’s and their corresponding discount are as follows:
- Academic Scholars
- President List
Granted to students who incur a GPA of 1.25 with no grade lower than 1.75 in the previous semester with a regular load of 18 academic units.
- Dean’s List
Granted to students who incur a GPA of 1.50 with no grade lower than 2.00 in the previous semester with a regular load of 18 units.
- Undergraduate Scholarship
Undergraduate scholarship may be granted to a student who obtained the previous semester the required GPA listed below and provided that they carries a regular load of 18 to 21 academic units.
- Full Tuition Fee Waivers
For students with a GPA of 1.25 with no grade lower than 1.75
- Half Tuition Fee Waivers
For students with a GPA of 1.50 with no grade lower than 2.00.
- Working Student Assistance Program
The school provides financial assistant to intellectually gifted but less privilege students. Students accommodated in this program submit the following requirements and pass the qualifying examination and typing examination.
- Filled up application letter
- Income tax returns of parents
- Recommendation letter
He should also meet the following requirements to maintain his scholarships:
- No failing grade in every semester
- Maintain a good moral character
- Compliance with the school policies concerning working student assistants
- Passed the semester performance evaluation
The following are the benefits of a student assistant at Olivarez College:
- Twenty one (21) units free tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- Experience in office and clerical work
- Alumni Privilege
The Olivarez College Alumni Association (OCAA) in cooperation with the Olivarez College is giving 30% tuition fee discount to all graduates of Olivarez College and their children from grade school up to graduate school programs who would like to pursue their studies in Olivarez College.
- Edukasyong Libre ni Olivarez (ELO) Foundation
- ELO Full Scholars
Qualified applicants will be entitled to free tuition and other miscellaneous fees for one semester for college level and one school year for basic education levels.Two ELO full scholars will be chosen from Barangay San Isidro, San Dionisio and Baclaran, while one (1) for each remaining barangays like Tambo, La Huerta, Don Galo, Sto. Niño and Vitalez.Applicants must have a GPA of 85% and no grade lower than 80% in any subjects.
- Olivarez Scholars
Qualified applicants is entitled to 100% free tuition for one semester for college level and one (1) school year for the basic education levels. Applicants must have a GPA of 80% and no grade lower than 80% in any subjects. Applicants must have a GPA of 85% and no grade lower than 80% in any subjects.This educational privilege is divided among the following programs:
- 10 scholars Kindergarten
- 10 scholars Preparatory
- 60 scholars Grade School from Grade 1 to 6
- 40 scholars High School from 1st to 4th Year
- 130 scholars College Level (10 for each programs Mass Communication, Psychology, Political Science, Elementary and Secondary Education, HRM, Tourism, Management, Marketing, Computer Science, Radiologic Technology, Physical Therapy, Midwifery.
- Other Scholarships and Grants
Aside from the above mentioned scholarship, the college also grants aid scholarships to:
- Poor but deserving student at the ratio of one (1) free tuition scholarship for every five hundred students enrolled and renewed every school term.
- Dependents of military personnel in the active services who died or were incapacitated in the line of duty as required by Presidential Decree No. 577.